Pre-Operative Instructions for IV & Oral Sedation
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTRAVENOUS (IV) SEDATION - CONSCIOUS SEDATION
1. Please do not eat or drink anything 4 hours prior to your dental appointment.
2. Wear loose fitting clothes so that you will be comfortable during the procedure and so that we can have access to your forearm.
3. Have someone with you to drive you home and help you get your prescriptions from the pharmacy.
4. If you are instructed to take any special medication prior to your dental appointment, please do so as directed.
5. If you are currently taking medication prescribed by your doctor, please continue to do so at your regularly scheduled time, unless directed otherwise.
6. If you have any questions, please call us at (843) 766-7131
7. Remove any earrings or bracelets prior to your appointment.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL SEDATION (TABLETS OR LIQUIDS)
1. Have someone with you to drive you to and from your appointment and help you get your prescriptions from the pharmacy.
2. Take the prescription as directed before your appointment.